A top class cricket club for players of all ages and abilities
020 8363 4482
Botany Bay Cricket Club
Club Mark Logo
As the Covid restrictions are relaxed sport is returning to the Bay.
Cricket has restarted with games on both grounds both grounds on Saturdays and at least one game on Sundays. Saturday rugby training is underway with some matches being arranged in the weeks to come. Petanque is again being played regularly albeit with restrictions on numbers. All sports have their own specific guidelines for operation as advised by their national bodies.
The MG Car Club are again meeting on Monday evenings, outside for the time being, and the Music Clubs are investigating the possibilities of outside performances as the weather and temperature improves. Watch their web sites for details.
pending the next relaxation of lockdown guidance the pavilion and changing rooms remain closed except for access to the toilets, see below, and for bar staff serving drinks outside.
The following has been produced for visitors and spectators to ensure the safety of all in accordance with government and ECB directions. This will be posted around the pavilion and on the website. Please make everyone aware.
Whilst we have endeavoured to provide a safe environment we cannot cover every eventuality and we ask that you accept and follow these procedures for the safety of all. Should you experience coronavirus symptoms following your visit to the Bay please let us know so that others can be contacted.
BOTANY BAY CRICKET CLUB
GUIDANCE FOR VISTORS AND SPECTATORS
These Guidelines are applicable to all visitors and spectators attending Botany Bay Cricket Club whilst cricket matches and related activities are underway.
Note: There are additional guidelines for players, umpires and scorers.
Until further notice social distancing requires spacing of 2 metres.
1. Before visiting the ground ensure that you have no coronavirus symptoms.
2. Tables and chairs are provide for groups of 6 however it is not possible to be continually sanitising as people come and go and you are requested to either bring your own chair and do not allow it to be used by others without appropriate sanitizing and cleaning or use the facilities available.
3. Where possible avoid public transport when travelling to the ground.
4. On arrival park in the car park comply with social distancing guidelines when leaving your vehicle and walking to the pavilion or anywhere around the ground.
5. The area between the huts and the pavilion and the balcony is reserved for players. Please keep to the path and ensure social distancing.
6. Access to the pavilion is as follows:
a. Toilets – via the main entrance, leave via the back door - the toilet corridor is one-way, returning to the ground via either end of the pavilion. Maintain social distancing if queueing for the toilets. Use hand sanitizer located by the toilet corridor.
b. Pavilion and Bar – unfortunately this area remains closed for all except bar staff and club officials conducting club business.
7.Bar service will be provided to tables outside. Please be patient at busy times.
8. Veranda. The veranda is closed to spectators to ensure social distancing. The area to the left, when facing the pavilion, is reserved for the scorers and shall not be used for access across the front of the pavilion. The area to the right is for the bar staff. No standing nor sitting on the veranda is permitted.
9. Spectator area – Apart from the area reserved for the players, the veranda and immediately in front of the pavilion, spectators may take advantage of anywhere around the ground remembering
a. Groups of more than 6 persons are not permitted
b. 2 metre social distancing at all times
10. Other points
a. Be observant and remember that a cricket game is being played with a hard ball.
b. Cricket on the back pitch. In general all the above guidelines will apply with the players area reserved by the scorebox.
c. DO NOT field or touch the ball if it crosses the boundary
d. Return empty glasses to the table on the veranda
e. Provide your name and contact details to be recorded for NHS Track and Trace (List will be destroyed after 21 days)
11. Post-Match – All the above guidelines will continue to apply post-match except that the area in front of the pavilion may be used.
12. Rain – Unfortunately we are not able to provide shelter. Please take shelter in your car.
The detailed risk assessments from 2020 still apply and will be updated in time for the pavilion reopening.
Botany Bay Cricket Club